Sometimes we are so focused on getting through each day, that we forget to express gratitude. We all have many things in our lives that we are grateful for, such as being alive, having beautiful children, or living in America and the list goes on. Think about this, when you are having a bad day and need to get motivated, what do you do. When that occurs in my life, I am grateful for those motivational quotes from great men, past and present, that provide motivation to be better and to strive to accomplish great things. Here are 5 motivational quotes that I am grateful for.
1. “Nothing ever comes to one that is worth having, except as a result of hard work.” Booker T. Washington. As I think about the time Mr. Washington lived and what he had to endure, it reminds me that through hard work, no matter how bad it may get, I am motivated to continue to toward success.
2. “If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.” Henry David Thoreau. When my dreams start to fade, this quote does its job by convincing me to never stop dreaming and striving to achieve them quotes on motivation.
3. “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.” Martin Luther King Jr. We all realize that there will be times when things seem to be against you. It is at those times, we find out about ourselves and our ability to handle adversity. Dr. King’s helps me to see that.
4. “Life is a gift, and if I don’t do everything I can to achieve greatness and make a huge impact on this world, I’ve wasted it, and I’m a lazy bum that deserves mediocrity and boredom.” Mike Dillard. I am reminded that I have, and we all have, a responsibility to make the best of this life and the opportunities that come to us. I appreciate Mike’s straight forwardness, it really helps me focus.
5. “Every day I remind myself that my inner and outer life are based on the labors of other men, living and dead, and that I must exert myself in order to give in the same measure as I have received and am still receiving.” Albert Einstein. This reminds me to remember those that came before us, and motivates me to do my part because there are those who will come after me.
There are many quotes, from many people, that can accomplish the same thing as these can. However, these 5 quotes have served me well, and I am forever grateful for the quotes and the men that spoke them. I am grateful and thankful to have come across these great words to motivate and inspire me when I have those days when it feels like the world is on my shoulders.